Sergio Lopez - North SF Bay Area Fine Artist

Upcoming Shows and Events

•Spoke Art: April 7, 2016. "The 5th Annual Moleskine Show." San Francisco, CA.

•Bakersfield Museum of Art: April 9th, 2016. "Kern County Plein Air." Bakersfield, CA.

•Christopher Queen Gallery: May 1st, 2016. "The Golden Hour." Duncans Mills, CA.

•Abend Gallery: May 13th, 2016. "Contemporary Figuration." Denver, CO.

•Paso Arts Fest: May 26th, 2016. "Signature Exhibition." Paso Robles, CA.

•Los Gatos: June 18th, 2016. "Los Gatos Plein Air." Los Gatos, CA.

Sonoma Plein Air: September 10th, 2016 "Sonoma Plein Air." Sonoma, CA.

•Modern Eden Gallery: September 17th, 2016. Beautiful Bizzare Invitational Show. San Francisco, CA.

•Christopher Queen Gallery: October 2nd, 2016. "A Splendid Journey: 40th Anniversary Show." Duncans Mills, CA.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fantastic Titanic Art Week: Part 2!

This was the first painting I did for the week of the Capitol Plein Air Festival. There was supposed to be a competition for the best painting at the East Lawn Memorial Park in Sacramento. I didn't know it was a cemetary! I had no desire to paint there... but it was in the middle of a very ritzy area of the city, and it had some gorgeous homes around there... So I decided to paint this building instead. Before I was even done, there were 2 people who were interested in it!



Later on in the evening I went to the Sacramento River area and painted that iconic yellow drawbridge (what's the name of it anyhow??) It was interesting, I purposely painted the sky darker than I saw it, knowing that by the time I finished the painting the sky would be the right value.... As Bill Sanchez would say, that's your $10 tip kids!


Part 3 = tomorrow

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails