Sergio Lopez - North SF Bay Area Fine Artist

Upcoming Shows and Events

•Spoke Art: April 7, 2016. "The 5th Annual Moleskine Show." San Francisco, CA.

•Bakersfield Museum of Art: April 9th, 2016. "Kern County Plein Air." Bakersfield, CA.

•Christopher Queen Gallery: May 1st, 2016. "The Golden Hour." Duncans Mills, CA.

•Abend Gallery: May 13th, 2016. "Contemporary Figuration." Denver, CO.

•Paso Arts Fest: May 26th, 2016. "Signature Exhibition." Paso Robles, CA.

•Los Gatos: June 18th, 2016. "Los Gatos Plein Air." Los Gatos, CA.

Sonoma Plein Air: September 10th, 2016 "Sonoma Plein Air." Sonoma, CA.

•Modern Eden Gallery: September 17th, 2016. Beautiful Bizzare Invitational Show. San Francisco, CA.

•Christopher Queen Gallery: October 2nd, 2016. "A Splendid Journey: 40th Anniversary Show." Duncans Mills, CA.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Landscapes: From Life and More

It's getting to be that time to be out painting again! Here are a couple of recent landscape paintings that I am proud of.
"Clear Light" 8x10" oil on linen board. 

This is a painting I did at Dillon Beach with the Plein Air Liaison group headed by Carole Gray-Weihman. Does it make you want to squint?

"Languid Waters" 8x16 in. oil on canvas board. Stone Lagoon, Humboldt County, CA. 2013. 

I started this painting as a plein air study, but I finished it in studio; something that I rarely do. It was a challenge to match the color of what was going on from life to what I filled in from photo. I tried to be as deliberate with my strokes as possible and create the illusion of a lot of detail with as little amount of paint-over as possible.
I love painting in this area. The light quality is very unique to the area, because of the fog layer never being too far from the coast, no matter how sunny of a day.
 I'm submitting this painting to the OPA National Salon show.

Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails