Sergio Lopez - North SF Bay Area Fine Artist

Upcoming Shows and Events

-April: Braving The Elements - Landscape Group Show, Robert Lange Studios, Charleston, SC.
•Indelible - Group Show, Alexi Era Gallery, St. Louis, MO.
-May: "California Light" - Landscapes. Christopher Queen Gallery, Duncans Mills, CA.
•May 15-18: Carmel Art Festival
•May 21-24: Paso Robles Art Festival
-September 2014: Sergio Lopez/Mia Bergeron - Robert Lange Studios, Charleston, SC.
-October 2014: "The Traveling Painters," 3-Person Show - Christopher Queen Gallery, Duncans Mills, CA.

Friday, April 05, 2013

Animal Fare pt. 1: Cute Doggies

I've been really stoked lately to be working on paintings of animals for a group show. The show is called "Animal Fare" and it's going to be for the Christopher Queen Gallery. I've always loved animals, yet for some reason I've not painted a whole lot of them. This show may change that a bit.

To kick off my contributions to the show, I've painted portraits of some of my friends' pet dogs. 

"Fuu" 8x6 in. oil on linen board. $475
My friend Nicole is a vet at UC Davis with a penchant for these small fragile dogs which are super-cute yet require much health maintenance. "Fuu" (Japanese for wind) is a little mixed breed dog which looks like a perpetual puppy. Despite her size and huge brown eyes, her proportions are that of a full-grown dog, just shrunken down. Although her head is sort of chihuahua-esque, her body is a lot more like a beagle's proportions. She is very well-mannered (I've maybe heard her bark once) and incredibly sweet. She has more heart than her little body can handle.

"Desmond" 6x8 in. oil on linen board. $475
I've liked Jack Russell terriers for a really long time(anyone else remember that show Wishbone?). They're a fun breed but they need a lot of space to run around and be as rambunctious as they need to be. I snapped some photos of Desmond in my friend's big South Carolina backyard, where he's got plenty of room to run around and be the dog he wants to be. He has a very handsome profile, which inspired me to paint him. There is some undefinable nobility in his face that I tried to capture in this painting. Did I succeed?

I will post up more info about the show in part 2....

Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails